2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR I am the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Ruth Greenhill at my address The Oaks, Wonastow, Monmouth.
3. By using the Website you consent to this policy.
Information I collect
4. I will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to me by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent.
5. I may also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to my website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
Use of your information
6. I may hold and process personal data that you provide in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
7. The information that I collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable me to provide my services to you, and to meet my contractual commitments to you. In addition, I may use the information for the following purposes:
7.1 To notify you about any changes to my website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect my service;
7.2 If you are an existing client, I may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
7.3 Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that I feel may be of interest to you;
7.4 Where you have consented to receive my e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
8. I may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable me to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
9. Where you have consented for me to do so, I may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be interested in.
10. If you do not want me to use your data for my [or third parties’] use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to me on the form on which I collect your data, or you can do so by writing to me at the address detailed in clause 2, or sending me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
11. Please be advised that I do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to advertisers but I may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about visitors.
Controlling the use of your data
12. If you have given me consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want me to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to me at the address detailed in clause 2 or email me at email@example.com at any time.
Where data is stored and transferred
13. As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to me may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as I use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of my service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA – this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of my suppliers, e.g. the website server host, or work for me when temporarily outside of the EEA.
15. I do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
17. Otherwise, I will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on me or the website.
18. You have the right to opt out of me processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org
19. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your personal data, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party links
20. This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
21. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
I use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps me analyse data about webpage traffic and improve my website in order to tailor it to client needs. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help me provide you with a better website by enabling me to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives me access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with me.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
22. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by myself. Please write to me or contact me by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information I hold relating to you. You can write to me at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to email@example.com. There is no charge for requesting that I provide you with details of the personal data that I hold. I will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
23. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given me in relation to how I may use your data. You also have the right to request that I cease using your data or that I delete all personal data records that I hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to me at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
24. I may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and client feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how I am protecting your personal data.